The Society was formally set up on 26th November 2003 when the Steering Group handed over the reigns to the Committee. The Constitution was adopted and the Committee has since run a regular series of events. Application Forms to join the Society can be printed from this website.
In 2003 we conducted a survey within the Parish to test what you wanted from the Society. We repeated that exercise in 2005 to test whether we have delivered on what you wanted - and the news is very good! But if you do have ideas on future talks or events, please do let us know.
Amendments to the Constitution can be proposed ahead of the Annual General Meeting, which takes place in November, when Committee members are also appointed.
You are welcome to contact Committee members (If you are outside the area, prefix these numbers with the STD Exchange number - 01795). Or you can
- Chairman - Neil Anderson - 886198
- Treasurer - Graham Sargent - 520657
- Events Co-ordinator - Fiona Lock
- Secretary - Mary Fielding - 521168
- Membership Secretary - Elaine Egalton
- Committee Member - Lis Heriz-Smith
- Committee Member - Norma Baxter
- Committee Member - Nigel Heriz-Smith - Website
You can see what events we have supported and are planning - here