Lynsted Church Bells
Tenor 10-2-25 in G
Frame: 1944 on a foundation for 6 bells.
Retuning: Mears & Stainbank 1952
|1||4-1-16||28 5/8"||1639||John Wilnar|
|2||5-2-16||30 7/8"||1952||Mears & Stainbank|
|3||5-3-2||32 1/8"||1639||John Wilnar|
|4||8-0-0||35 7/8"||1884||John Warner & Sons|
|5||10-2-25||39 1/2"||1600||Robert Mot|
- IOHN WILNAR MADE MEE 1639
- Robertvs + mot + me + fecit 1597 RECAST 19 52
- IOHN WILNAR 1639
- RECAST BY JOHN WARNER & SONS 1884
- Robertvs + mot + me + fecit 1600
|1597||2nd cast by Robert Mot.|
|c.1600||4th cast by Robert Mot.|
|1600||Present tenor cast.|
|1639||Treble and 3rd cast by John Wilnar.|
|1884||4th recast by John Warner.|
|1944||Bells rehung in a new frame on a foundation for 6 bells.|
|1952||2nd recast and bells retuned and rehung by Mears & Stainbank.|
Elizabeth Selby tells us:
"Various gifts are mentioned to the bells:
Elena Bix in 1473, 20/- to the buying of a Bell for the Church.
Joan Stebill, 1497, to the Great Bell 20d.
Richard Selhnere, 1517. 20/- to the Bell frames.
The Church Bells are marked as follows :-
- John Wilnar made me, 1639.1
- Robertus Mot me fecit, 1597.2
- John Wilnar 1639. 1
- Recast by John Warner, 1884.
- Robertus Mot me fecit, 1600.
The earlier No. 4 was also made by Robertus Mot."