|View Index of Listed Buildings in Lynsted with Kingsdown and Greenstreet (north and south sides)|
Anchor House - Remarkable half-timbered hall-house below the church
Aymers - Country House built in 1860s by the Vallance Family.
Berkeley House - Home to remains of Champion's Windmill. The Demolished Union Mill in Claxfield/Mill Lane is also discussed.
Claxfield Farmhouse - Wealden Hall House on Claxfield/Mill Lane (between Lynsted Village and London Road)
Ferrell and Baker Garage, Greenstreet - Sadness as garage reign ends. Family photographs of the business.
Forge Cottage, The Street - for many years the home of David and Peggy Bage.
The Grange - 18th Century, Grade 2 listed on Greenstreet Hill, Lynsted Parish
Heathfield House - timber-framed 16th century house, Ludgate Lane, Lynsted Village
Jubilee Pump - 1897, chequered and hilarious history reviewed (PDF)
Kingsdown Church - Once the site of a Mediaeval Church, knocked down in favour of a Welby Pugin designed church.
Lynsted Church of Saints Peter and Paul - Home Page covering the fabric, memorials, bells, the clergy and gravestones survey. Also the Lynsted Medieaval Ring and Church Path Excavation Finds.
Lynsted Court or Sewards - Listed Building at the heart of Lynsted Village. Article written by Dr Robert Baxter.
Lynsted Lodge and Park (and the lost house of Bedmangore) - illustrations and listing narrative
Mount House (No. 8 London Road) - in a Conservation Area, permitted for development after Historic England rejected calls for "Listing".
Radfield House and Hamlet - Listed buildings, features and summary - also a booklet available through the Historic Research Group of Sittingbourne (HRGS).
Telephone Kiosk, The Street, Lynsted Village - Listed Grade II
Tudor Cottage, Cellar Hill - a fine example of a local hall house that has many clues to its previous occupants.
The Wanstalls - no longer standing. Reputed to be a barracks at one time. Thanks to Roy Woodward we have front and back views of The Wanstalls. We have added a Wanstall Family tree.
Public Houses of Greenstreet.
Public Houses Listed - past and present
The George Inn - an historically important and characterful property at the junction with Lynsted Lane.
The Rose Inn - a beerhouse once known as "The Royal Oak". In modern times, Rose Bakery, then Wicks Store and finally divided into two residences. Linked to WW1 civilian casualty - Alice Post (munitions worker lost through poisoning) and her brother in WW2, Edward George (an Inspector in the Hong Kong Police). We have transcribed the Deeds too - see below.
The Swan - Modern replacement of the original historic building.
- Greenstreet, Teynham and Barrow Green, occupied properties - 10th July 1771 - Kentish Gazette of 29th June 1771
- Claxfield (Mr Lushington Tayler) Property Auction - Claxfield - 22nd May 1804 - Kentish Gazette of 15th May 1804
- Manor of Norton (including Norton Court) Property Auction - 19th March 1808 - Kentish Gazette of 18th March 1808
- Windmill (apparently the property of John Wanstall) - 14th July 1808 - Kentish Gazette (several dates in a longer historical article)
- Windmill (as above, now with vacant possession) - 27th & 28th July 1808 - Kentish Gazette (several dates in a longer historical article)
- Three properties (Radfield, Lynsted and Newington) - 12th September 1808 - Kentish Gazette of 30th August 1808
- Nouds Estate (Late Philip Barling's Estate) - 20th July 1901 - Kentish Gazette and WhitstableTimes and Herne Bay Herald (1901)
- George Alfred Filmer Estate - 27th June 1917 - Full original text....
- Lynsted Lodge Estate Auction - 26th September 1919 - Newspaper Notice & Report (4th October 1919)
- Rose Inn beer house - later a confectioners, bakery, grocers and now two residential dwellings.
- Bonds Cottages and Heathfield Deed documents - kindly shared by Bernard Broughton.
- Erriot Wood Gate Deeds documents - kindly shared by Beverley Smith